Monday, January 7, 2013

Looper 2012

      Loopers are a group of killers who work for the mob and they time travel.  It’s illegal to time travel and only available on the black market. Victims are sent back from the year 2074 to the year 2044.  They are killed in the later year so their bodies can be disposed of in the earlier year.
     I didn’t like the first half of this film and I almost didn’t watch the second half.  In the beginning, I didn’t care about the characters and Levitt seems like a robot with his facial features made to look like a younger Willis.  I read some of the details for my review and decided I would finish the film to see how everything was brought to a conclusion.  It is a good movie when you put it all together.  3 ½* (I liked this movie)

119 min, Action directed by Rian Johnson with Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Bruce Willis, Emily Blunt, Paul Dano, Noah Segan, Piper Perabo, Jeff Daniels, Pierce Gagnon.

Note:  imdb 7.7 out of 10, 94% critic 87% audience on Rotten Tomatoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment