Monday, April 20, 2015

37 Days 2014


37 Days     This film tells the behind-the-scenes story of the final weeks before the start of WWI.  On June 28, 1914, Archduke Franz Ferdinand was assassinated.  Britain declared war on Germany 37 days later.  There were many meetings with leading politicians and civil servants in Britain and Germany.
      I found this film to be very dry.  Maybe the viewer need to be a history buff?  I might have been able to watch it if I was sick, feeling worn out, had absolutely nothing else to do or I needed my brain to be zoned out?  2* (I didn’t like this movie)

60 min each episode with 3 episodes, TV Mini-Series with Ian McDiarmid, Nicholas Farrell, Tim Pigott-Smith, Sinead Cusack, Bill Patterson, Kenneth Cranham, Ludger Pistor, Rainer Sellien, Berhard Schutz.

Note:  Imdb 8.1 out of 10, Amazon 4.6* out of 5* with 40 reviews.







No comments:

Post a Comment