Thursday, November 8, 2012

My Way 2011

My Way (2011)      This is inspired by a true story.  Jun Shik works on a farm owned by Tatsuo’s grandfather.  Tatsuo comes from the city with his parents to live on the farm.  The young men are both marathon runners and they dream of competing in the Tokyo Olympics.  They become bitter rivals, this only becomes worse when Jun Shik’s father delivers a package to Tatsuo’s grandfather, turns out to be a bomb that kills him when he opens it.
     I did not like this movie, there is so much violence and it is just relentless plus it's too long.  So much beating people up that I just became disinterested and reading the subtitles was too much work.  2* (I didn’t like this movie)

143 min, Drama directed by Kang Je Gyu with Dong-gun Jang, Jo, Odagiri, Bringbing Fan In-kwon Kim, Seung-hyeon Han, Jin-seok Yang.

Note:  Blockbuster 2*, imdb 7.4 out of 10, 25% critic 80% audience on Rotten Tomatoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment