Thursday, April 26, 2012

A better Tomorrow 2010


     Sung Tse-kit and his brother Tse-ho have a complex relationship as brothers.  Sung is a recent graduate of the police academy and Tse-ho runs a massive counterfeiting ring along with his gangland associate, Mark Lee.  Tensions rise when their father is murdered after a crime deal goes sour and Tse-ho finds himself in jail after a double cross.
      I made a mistake when I got this movie, I wanted the original A Better Tomorrow 1986 with Chow Yun-Fat.  The 1986 film has 4* from Blockbuster and jump started Yun-Fat's career.  I could not make myself interested in this 2010 version, just reading the subtitles was too much effort!  2* (I didn't like this movie)

123 min, Drama directed by Hae-sung Song with Jin-mo Ju, Seung-heon Song, Kang-woo Kim, Han Sun Jo, Kyeong-yeong Lee, Ji-yeong Kim, Hae-gon Kim, Hyeong-jun Lim, Tae-hwa Seo.

Note:  Blockbuster 3*,  imdb 5.5 out of 10, 93% critic 86% audience on Rotten Tomatoes.





No comments:

Post a Comment