Thursday, September 4, 2014

Charlie Countryman 2013


Charlie Countryman


     When she is disconnected from life support, Charlie and his dad are at the bedside of his mother’s hospital bed.   He sees the small blue vapor of her soul leaving her body.  He goes out into the hallway because its all too much for him to take in.  All of a sudden, his mother is sitting beside him and she tells him to go to Bucharest.  He gets on a plane and begins talking to the man sitting next to him.  The man suddenly dies and just after his death, he asks Charlie to take a hat to his daughter.  Charlie can’t help himself but he falls in love with Gabi almost at first sight.  He meets Gabi’s former husband and unfortunately he is a vicious gangster.  Nigel has no intention of letting Gabi out of his life.
     As soon as I saw Mads Mikkelsen was in this film, I knew it was very BAD news.  I am not a fan of Shia LaBeouf and he seems to constantly look dirty and greasy.  I wonder if this film was a lot better as an idea because it’s VERY lacking on the screen.  I don’t know how I kept from turning this off every other minute!!  I could not dredge up any emotions regarding the characters except for Mellisa Leo.  2* (I didn’t like this movie)

108 Min, Comedy directed by Fredrik Bond with Shia LaBeouf, Evan Rachel Wood, Mads Mikkelsen, Til Schweiger, Rupert Grint, James Buckley, Melissa Leo.

Note:  Imdb 6.4 out of 10, 28% critic 50% audience on Rotten Tomatoes, Roger Ebert 1*.






No comments:

Post a Comment