Friday, July 12, 2013

Hyde Park on Hudson 2012

Hyde Park on Hudson     This film is an adaptation of a BBC radio play written by Richard Nelson chronicling the affair between President Franklin Delano Roosevelt and his distant cousin, Daisy.  The time period is just before World War II breaks out in Europe.  The King and Queen of England came to visit the President at his home in Hyde Park in 1939 to seek the support of the American government.
     I don’t know why the reviews are so low for this film?  I thought Bill Murray did an unexpectedly good job as FDR and Linney is good as his cousin.  I did not personally know very much about FDR, I knew more about Eleanor.  I loved the hairstyles, clothing and the cars!!  3 ½* (I liked this movie)

95 min, Drama directed by Roger Michell with Bill Murray, Laura Linney, Samuel West, Olivia Colman, Elizabeth Marvel, Olivia Williams, Elizabeth Wilson.

Note:  Blockbuster 3*, imdb 5.7 out of 10, 38% critic 33% audience on Rotten Tomatoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment